Tortillas are slightly brushed with oil and sprinkled with salt, and then baked in the oven, that’s all! Super quick and easy snack, it just can’t be easier. Get guacamole, salsa, or your other favorite dips, and enjoy these crispy chips right out of the oven! Ready in just 20 minutes. Moreover, as these homemade tortilla chips are oven-baked, we don’t need tons of oil as for deep-fried chips. It is a healthier alternative to store-bought chips, and is also super delicious and crispy!
What we will need to make Homemade Tortilla Chips
You will need only 3 ingredients to make these crispy homemade Tortilla Chips:
- Tortillas. You can use either corn tortillas or flour tortillas. For a gluten-free version, check out our recipe on how to make gluten-free tortillas.
- Olive oil. We only need 2 tbsp of olive oil to make the chips crispy.
- Salt. Additionally, you can add chili powder, cumin, or onion powder for flavor.
How to make Tortilla Chips at home
- Cut the Tortillas. Cut tortillas into triangles using a pizza cutter.
- Add oil and salt. Brush the tortillas slightly with oil on both sides. Then, arrange triangles on a baking sheet in one layer, and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake. Bake for about 15 minutes or until chips turn golden (rotate the baking sheet for even baking after the first 8 minutes), just remember to watch them or set the timer :)
How to store
Homemade tortilla chips can be stored in a ziplock bag or airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days. The best served on the same day, they were baked. If the chips began to lose crispiness while storing, place them into the baking sheet and transfer them to the oven at 350F for a few minutes.
Common Questions about the Homemade Tortilla Chips
Homemade Tortilla Chips are not only easy to make, but they’re also a great way to use up leftover tortillas that might otherwise go to waste. Plus, by making your own chips, you can control the amount of oil and salt that goes into them, making them a healthier alternative to store-bought chips. And since they’re so easy to customize with different spices and seasonings, you can create a unique flavor profile that’s sure to please everyone in your family. So next time you’re looking for a quick and easy snack, give these homemade tortilla chips a try – you won’t be disappointed!
More healthy snacks recipe ideas
Looking for some healthy snack ideas? Check out our collection of easy and delicious recipes:
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Baby Bell Peppers
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- Swedish Chocolate Oatmeal balls
- White Bean Blondies
- 12 tortillas (corn or flour)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut tortillas into triangles using a pizza cutter.
- Brush the tortillas slightly with oil on both sides.
- Arrange triangles on a baking sheet in one layer,and sprinkle with salt. Bake for about 15 minutes or until chips turn golden (rotate the baking sheet for even baking after first 8 minutes).
- Serve with guacamole, salsa or other sauce.