This healthy and delicious salad is great for an easy lunch or dinner. It is packed with nutrient-loaded fresh berries, leafy greens, and healthy fats from seeds and nuts. Mixed Green Salad with Strawberries, Blueberries, and Feta Cheese is light, healthy, and full of fresh flavors! Also, it is very quick and easy to make – you only need up to 10 minutes of time to make this beautiful and delicious dish.
Sweet berries, creamy crumbled feta, pine nuts, and hemp seeds, tossed with lemon honey dressing, are the perfect addition to the leafy greens. This salad is very delicious, elegant, and perfect for a summer dinner. It is bursting with flavors.
You will need the following ingredients to make the salad:
- Mixed greens (arugula and spinach). The leafy greens provide a fresh and crispy texture, as well as a slightly bitter flavor that balances the sweetness of the berries.
- Strawberries and blueberries: The juicy and sweet berries add a burst of flavor and color to the salad. They also provide a variety of nutrients, such as vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Feta cheese. The crumbled feta adds a creamy and salty texture that complements the sweet and tangy flavors of the salad.
- Pine nuts and hemp seeds. The crunchy nuts and seeds provide a nutty flavor that pairs well with the sweetness of the berries. They also add healthy fats and protein to the dish.
- Lemon honey dressing. The dressing is a combination of tangy and sweet flavors that enhance the taste of the greens and berries.
Green leafy vegetables are incredibly important for your health. Leafy greens are a good source of fiber and minerals like iron, magnesium, calcium, and potassium, which all have a significant role in your health support. By regular consumption of leafy greens, you can significantly improve the functioning of the digestive system and strengthen the immune system. Also, greens are very good for nerve regeneration and nerve function, because they contain vitamin B. Due to high levels of antioxidants, green leafy vegetables can prevent cell damage, caused by free radicals, and reduce the risk of many diseases. In addition, a big advantage is that they are low in calories.
Berries also undoubtedly play a vital role in your health, being one of the top sources of vitamins and minerals. Strawberries and blueberries enrich this salad, making it more fragrant and flavorful.
Variations and Substitutions
- Greens. You can use any combination of greens you prefer, such as kale, romaine lettuce, or spring mix, or substitute the arugula and spinach mix with other leafy greens.
- Berries. Feel free to use any seasonal berries you like, such as raspberries, mulberries, or blackberries.
- Fruits. Instead of berries, you can use peaches or nectarines, or other fruits. Also, it will be very delicious to add grilled peaches to the berries.
- Cheese. If you don’t have feta cheese or don’t like it, you can use crumbled goat cheese, baby mozzarella balls, or blue cheese instead, they also would work well in the salad.
- Nuts and Seeds. Instead of pine nuts and hemp seeds, you can use any types of nuts or seeds you have on hand, such as chopped pecans, walnuts, sesame, or pumpkin seeds. Just make sure to toast them to bring out their flavor.
- Dressing. If you prefer a different dressing, you can use a balsamic vinaigrette instead of the lemon honey dressing. A citrus-based dressing like a grapefruit vinaigrette or an orange ginger dressing would also pair well with the salad.
Mixed Greens Salad with Strawberries, Blueberries, and Lemon Honey Dressing is a beautiful and refreshing salad that is perfect for a summer dinner or as a side dish. The sweet and tangy flavor of the berries, combined with the slight sourness of the lemon honey dressing, creates a delicious balance of taste. The dressing is a perfect match for green leafy vegetables, making this salad not only tasty but also nutritious. This salad is a great source of vitamins and antioxidants, which can help boost your immune system and protect your cells from damage. With its combination of sweet, creamy, spicy, and sour, this salad is interesting, extraordinary, and full of flavor.
If you like sweet berry hints in salads, be sure to check out our Broccoli Salad with Cranberries and Winter Fruit Salad recipes.
Make Ahead and Storage Tips
This salad is best when served fresh, but if you want to make the salad ahead of time, it’s best to keep the dressing and the salad ingredients separate until you’re ready to serve. This will prevent the greens from getting too soggy. You can mix the greens and berries together and store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. You can also prepare the dressing and store it in a separate container in the fridge for up to 5 days. When you’re ready to serve, add the cheese, nuts, and seeds, and drizzle the dressing on top.
If you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one day. However, the nuts and seeds may lose their crunchiness, so it’s best to add them right before serving.
More Berry Recipes to Enjoy
- Strawberry Matcha Iced Latte
- Blackberry Ice Cream (Vegan)
- Raspberry Citrus Protein Smoothie
- Gluten-free Strawberry Chantilly Cake
- Strawberry Trifles
- Raspberry Chia Jam
What do you think of this Mixed Green Salad with Strawberries and Blueberries? Try it out and let us know in the comments below!
For the Salad:
- 1 package (5 oz or 140 g) arugula/spinach mix
- 2 cups (280 g) strawberries, hulled and sliced
- ½ cup (75 g) blueberries
- ¼ cup (35 g) pine nuts
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- ¾ cup (3 oz or 85 g) crumbled feta
For the Lemon Honey Dressing:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- To make the dressing, add lemon juice, olive oil, honey, dijon mustard, salt and pepper to a small bowl and whisk together until well combined.
- Place arugula and spinach on serving plates. Sprinkle with a small amount of dressing and gently toss to coat the leaves.
- Top the leaves with sliced strawberries, blueberries, feta, pine nuts and hemp seeds. Add the remaining dressing on top. Serve immediately.