Make the traditional cake look festive and elegant by decorating it with snowy Sugared Cranberries! This decoration is perfect for Christmas cake or other Christmas desserts, Thanksgiving desserts, or even as snack in some appetizer platters for the holiday table. This super easy recipe with only 3 ingredients needed, makes impressive-looking dishes during the holidays.
What do we need to make Sugared Cranberries?
We will need only 3 ingredients to make the Sugared Cranberries:
Cranberries. Of course, this is the main ingredient. Use fresh cranberries to have the best results.
Sugar. White granulated sugar is perfect to use for this recipe. It gives this beautiful snowy look to the cranberries. If you want to make a sugar-free version, you can substitute white sugar with Swerve sweetener or Erythritol, they look the same and also will give that frosty look. But also you can use any other different type of sugar. But take to your attention, that in this case, sugared cranberries look may differ.
Water is needed to make the syrup.
How to Make Sugared Cranberries?
There is a very easy and simple process of making this beautiful decoration.
First of all, choose beautiful cranberries, rinse and drain them. We need dry berries to put on the water, this helps the syrup to stick better to the cranberries.
Then we will need to bring the syrup to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for a couple of minutes to let the sugar dissolve.
Add cranberries to the syrup to be fully coated in sugar water. Remove the saucepan from the heat, and stir.
Using a slotted spoon, take the cranberries out of the syrup and transfer them to the baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Let the cranberries dry out for about an hour. Then roll the berries in the rest of the sugar amount to fully coat.
Sugared Cranberries are the perfect way to decorate cheesecake, cupcakes, holiday cake (like this super delicious flavorful Christmas Fruit Cake), be part of an appetizer board, or even serve as decoration for main dishes. Herewith, the leftovers may be used to make different festive cocktails or make this amazing Cranberry Sauce, which you will definitely enjoy.
More recipes for parties and holidays
For additional party and holiday recipe ideas, take a look at our appetizers and side dishes recipes, such as:
- 3 cups (300 g) fresh cranberries
- 1 ½ cup (300 g) sugar, divided
- ½ cup (120 g) water
- Mix water and ½ cup of sugar in a saucepan, and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for a couple of minutes to let the sugar dissolve and get the slightly thickened syrup.
- Add the cranberries to the saucepan. Cranberries should be fully coated in sugar water. Remove the saucepan from the heat, and stir.
- Using a slotted spoon, take the cranberries out of the syrup and transfer them to the baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Let the cranberries dry out for about an hour.
- Roll the cranberries in the remaining 1 cup of sugar to coat.