This Winter Fruit Salad with Citrus Poppy Seed Dressing is super fresh, flavorful, and super delicious! It is made with mandarins, pomegranate, kiwis, bananas, and apples with super delicious fresh citrus poppy seed dressing. This super quick and easy dessert salad is perfect not only for a Christmas holiday table, but also as a healthy snack. It’s plenty of vitamins combined in one bowl, and it is super delicious and easy!
I love to use poppy seed dressing for salads. These salads look amazing and taste even better :) Here is another super delicious salad that is also great for a festive table – Broccoli Salad with Cranberries and Poppy Seed Dressing.
Ingredients for the Winter Fruit Salad
- Mandarins. You can use tangerines, clementines, oranges & blood oranges for the salad.
- Apples. I like to choose apples of different colors for a beautiful look and for a rich taste.
- Kiwis. Choose ripe and sweet fruits. Gives great texture, and also a great pop of color too.
- Bananas. Bananas add some tenderness and sweetness to the salad.
- Pomegranate is sweet and tart and looks very festive.
- Orange juice and lemon juice. The combination of fresh orange and lemon juice adds flavor and also keeps the apples and bananas from turning brown.
- Maple syrup. For balancing the taste in the dressing. Honey, agave syrup or any other liquid sweetener can be used.
- Olive oil. Just 1 tbsp of oil is needed for the dressing recipe to enrich the taste.
- Poppy seeds go really well with the dressing and the fruits and also add a festive touch to the salad.
How to make this healthy and easy Winter Fruit Salad
The process of making this salad is super easy:
- Make the dressing. Add all the ingredients for the dressing to a small bowl, and mix well.
- Prepare the fruits. Peel and chop bananas and kiwis. peel mandarins, and divide them into segments. Slice the apples. Remove the pomegranate seeds (look for an easy way to remove pomegranate seeds in the next paragraph).
- Mix fruits with dressing. Place all the fruits in a salad bowl. Pour dressing over fruits and gently toss to coat.
How to remove pomegranate seeds
My favorite way of getting the pomegranate seeds is: submerge the pomegranate in a bowl with water, cut it into quarters, and pull apart the pieces with your hands. The seeds will be at the bottom of the bowl, and the skin and pith will float to the top. Remove the unwanted part and drain the seeds.
More Salad Ideas:
If you like the recipe for Winter Fruit Salad, also check out other healthy salad ideas:
- Mixed Greens Salad with Strawberries, Blueberries, and Lemon Honey Dressing
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad with Kale
- Chickpea Salad
- Kidney Bean Salad with Hot Peanut Sauce
For the Salad
- 2 medium apples
- 2 bananas
- 3 kiwis
- 4 mandarins
- 1 pomegranate
For the Dressing:
- 2 tsbp orange juice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp poppy seeds
- Add all the ingredients for the dressing to a small bowl, and mix well.
- Peel and chop bananas and kiwis. Peel mandarins, and divide into segments. Slice the apples. Cut the pomegranate and to remove pomegranate seeds*.
- Place all the fruits to a salad bowl.
- Pour dressing over fruits and gently toss to coat. Serve and enjoy!
* Submerge the pomegranate in a bowl with water, cut it into quarters, and pull apart the pieces with your hands. The seeds will be at the bottom of the bowl, and the skin and pith will float to the top. Remove the unwanted part and drain the seeds.